16 Phin Ave, Room 123
Parliament declared a climate emergency. City Council declared a climate emergency. How many years will it be before the gas is cut off?
There’s a group of us who want to make sure we’re ready — with all homes in the Pocket so well insulated we can afford to heat them electrically.
The City is helping us pilot this community-based approach. The Federal Government promised support for home retrofits — our MP is checking it out.
Pocket Change now has 112 members. We meet this Thursday at 7pm in Room 123 at the Indigenous Education Centre / Wandering Spirit School — join us! Enter via the main door at the front — we be in a large room at the far south end of the building.
- Welcome and Introduction to the evening
- Video – A Message From the Future With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Introduce yourself to your neighbours – share with those at your table
- The Pocket Baseline Survey
- The City Presents
- Question and Answer session
- Get involved – We need people to:
- Help survey our current home energy consumption
- Help Pocket people discover their personal carbon footprint using Project Neutral
- Develop new communications materials — e.g., blog
- Organize more Pocket Parties!
- learn about how to retrofit our homes
- investigate the viability of air-sourced heat pumps
- explore the financing available for community retrofitting projects
- research the viability of a district energy system using ground source heat pumps tapping into underground streams
- Encourage Pocket Pioneers to demonstrate energy conservation options